Here you have ThrottleLauncher 1.1.1 public testing version:
Please provide your feedback
. I'm uploading this here so you can test it some time before I post it on the web
. (And I also don't have to much time to writte the full review and I wanted to post the version this week :P
Thank you very much!!
- Animated background will only work in hardware accelerated devices.
- Solved issue not showing live background by default and also causing it to force the snakes background. (thanks to FiReSlAvE).
- Added visual feedback for unloking and removing widgets on no harware acceleration mode.
- Solved freezing on startup on some OS builds.
- Redesigned Appointments widget
- Included snakes animation.
- Redesigned ThrottleConfig
- New instalation method (safer)
- Standalone application now replaces today screen (configurable through ThrotleConfig).
- Solved some issues with clock rendering.
- Solved drag&drop issues.
- Included new light3D theme and lot's of new widgets.
- Added background tag in config.xml. With it you can control the background of the theme!!
- Live backgrounds!!! (only activated for OpenGL mode). See code sample.
- RSS plugin changes (see new RSS widget).
- Partially rewritten "mouse" handling. Now it works more natural :).
- Controlled error during finalization reported by eww.
- Removed facebook dependency with Util.dll... just in case it was causing martin's reported bug.
- Thumbnail cache, plus cache manage in ThrottleConfig.
- Procedure's improvement (cache if it only contains actions and parameters are always the same).
- Tap&Hold movement supported for widgets (tap&hold to start moving instead of using unlock).
- Widget movement graphic effect in HA mode.
- Widgets can be removed by dragging them outside the bounds.
- Lowq changes. Icons still use RGB_8888 in lowq mode. (instead of 16 bits RGB_4444)
- Solved an issue with animation frames.
- Takes advantage of the DrawTextOES if available (15-20% speed improvement).
- Low graphics queality mode if not 24 bits buffer is available (10 -15% speed improvement). You can force it in ThrottleConfig also.
- Facebook connection changed. Now should be easier to load.
- WATCH OUT! solved marginX and marginY not beeing multiplied issues. May cause incompatibilities with VGA and wVGA themes that use this parameters for rows and panels.
- Thread save of memory free when panels are hidden (posible cause of some issues).
- Big improvement in memory usage and speed.
- Now scrolling is not container exclusive. This means for example that if you drag the herocontacts widget horizontally it will make the paged container to scroll instead of lock the scrolling of the contacts.
- New if syntax (though old mode it's still working):
- Lot's of lists plugins improvements. Now you can use list values outside the list tag without any definition problems.
- Facebook plugin and bing search plugin :). (check the attached widgets).
- Added update check in the about dialog of ThrottleConfig.
- Now you can use if statements inside for statements without problems.
- Added a new "textinput" element to allow TL to get text input!!!! :O
- Much more improvements!!!
New Syntax samples
<if name="..." value="...">
<textinput X="12" Y="7" width="198" height="16" multiline="false" fontcolor="0,0,0" fonttype="10,false" default="Search bing..." output="SearchBing.SearchQuery"/>
New background tag for config.xml file. It will let you control the background of the theme in all the pages. You can specify user=[true/false] if you want to include the user backgorund or not.
Extension tag will allow adding a new item inside Throttle as a graphic extension! This means that you can code a dll that will actually render to the screen what ever you like. This is really usefull for live bakgrounds :P. I will post a source code for the light live background as a sample.
<extension class="ThrottleLauncher.Backgrounds.Lights" path="#$THROTTLE#\plugins\backgrounds\Collection\backgroundcollection.dll"/>