ThrottleLauncher 1.0.1 is here! ThrottleLauncher 1.0 was almost perfect, but during the first week of testing some bugs appeared. This version includes some fixes over 1.0 plus some improvements, especially for the widgets. Check the bottom of this entry for the complete changelog.
This software is provided AS IS, use it at your own risk.... and read all this page before installing!!
Please if you use this app, any feedback will be wellcome and will help in further development and bug solving. To post feedback use this web forum or the XDA developers one (search for the ThrottleLauncher thread ofcourse).
ThrottleLauncher will disable the security checks for 3rd party software from your device. This is necesary because TL uses reflection to load assemblies and the popup dialog will crash the system if it appears.
- CPU: > 200 Mhz (the higer the better)
- Storage Memory: ~5 MB (depends on the themes installed)
- Main memory: ~8 MB (depends on the themes installed)
- NET.CF 2.0 installed. (NET.CF 3.5 recommended)
- Windows Mobile 5.0 or Greatter.
- In order to use OpenGL mode you need 3D accelerated hardware (normally available in all wVGA and VGA devices).
- Any device manufacturer and screen resolutions are supported!!
First of all, before installing, please perform a system backup. ThrottleLauncher 1.0 has succesfully passed the testing of more than 30 prerelases tested by betatesters to ensure your device is safe. Though this software is provided AS IS and without any waranty.
- Backup your device data.
- If you don't have a previous instalation skip to point 5.
- Unselect the ThrottleToday plugin if you have it activated.
- Copy the cab file to your device using ActiveSync and continue this steps using your device.
- Install the ThrottleLauncher_1_0_1.cab file. You can install it to any media, but installing to device memory is strongly recomended.
- Uncheck all other today plugins and select ThrottleToday (Start Menu > Settings > Today).
- ThrottleLauncher must now be showing on your Today screen. Congrats!!
The Light3D theme includes a little startup guide :).
ThrottleLauncher is a fully customizable UI framework. This means that you can achieve almost anything with it. There are themes making TL work really similar iPhone, WM7, Android, Hero, BBStorm and many other original themes like ConceptFS. BBSmart4D, SwitchBlade or PlanetcureFS. Just look arround this web and the forums... there are lot's of great themes available. Also if you feel brave enough you can create your own theme :).
Some of the themes (like the Light3D theme) support widgets. Widgets are small items you can attach to the theme and drag&drop arround. Each widget may have it's own configuration. There are lot's of widgets available at this web and at the forums. Check'em out!
If you need support please try searching the forums for an answer. If you still can't solve the problem don't hesitate to open a support ticket or post at the forum. Answer is not waranted but we will try out best.
Also please follow the trouble shooting guide.
ThrottleLauncher is a freeware app, though it does have a licensing system. The free licenses are only valid for a period of 3 months. After that amount of time a red text will apear on the top but everything will continue working normally. Just go and get a new license :). If you contribute to the ThrottleLauncher comunity by any means (contributing themes, designs, widgets, donating, etc) you will get a live time license.
You can get the free licenses here: Licenses
- My girlfriend for her patience and support. I love you!!
- brsev for allowing us to use his Token icon set
- FiReSlAvE, Ryomahino and EvgeniyKO: for their great designs.
- All the beta testers for their hard (and great) work. Special thanks to Kuifje, m.schmidler, eww245 and brunoisa10.
- Everyone that has ever helped me to lead this proyect to what it's now (rumball, gullum, maxniper, sergio, james allen, and much more).
Hope you like it!! :)
- Speed improvement (FPS limited to 60).
- Solved weather not showing images problem.
- Weather can now be taken from Accuweather, ConflippersWeather (using accuweather code preceded by '#') and Google weather (with 'City, Country' format).
- Weather now tries to geolocate by IP address to get the correct weather when the locations is 'auto' (without the quotes).
- Solved Stocks plugin loading issue.
- Solved issues when texts contain non ASCII characters (they will not show, but they will not make TL crash).
- Backgrounditem issue when row is not scrollable.
- Added textimagesscale to scale the textimages (wasn't supporting high dpi screen graphics).
- Solved an issue when calling :Page action inside threaded procedures without OpenGL.
- Improved Haptic Feedback.
- Solved running applications updating issues.
- AppToDate support
- Contacts now works with both kinetic and direct scrolling.
- Icons now show pressed event.
- Weather widget not showing pictures problem. Now should work Out of the Box, even showing the correct location by geoip. (Remove all cities to go back to default values).
- Includes a search widget plugin for google (just launches the browser).
- Chaged appointments graphics.
- Monthcalendar widget now allows 2 sizes for both week view and month view.
- Includes a NitrogenControl widget.