ThrottleLock skins are really simple and creating a new one is as simple as making a copy of an existing skin into another folder inside the ThrottleLock skins folder. For example, let's say we want to create a new skin called "MySkin" and we have installed only the Default ThrottleLock skin. We have a folder Tree like this one:
To create the new skin we copy the Default folder into another one called MySkin to achieve the following structure:
Basic Skinning: Png replacement
You can skin ThrottleLock just by replacing the png files. Ensure that the size in pixels of the png files you use match the ones used by the theme you're modding especially on the diagonal lines.
Advanced Skining: Skin.xml file
The skin.xml contains the info of fonts, colors and spacings and margins of the skin.
- FontColor: RGB balues of the texts.
- Font: Two possible formats
- FontName,Fontsize,Boldness. i.e. Arial,12,true
- Fonstize,Boldness. ie 12,true
- TopMargin: Defines the space that the clock and texts will use under the topbar (not including the top bar)
- VGACompatibility: Set to true if your skin is designed for qVGA or wqVGA devices. Graphics will be x2 on big screen devices.
- FullScreen: Reserved. Set to true and experiment at your own risk.
- ShowTopBar: Will disable the top bar if false.
- TopBarHeight:Defines the height of the top bar.
- ClockFont:Defines the font to use for the clock (see Font property for syntax details)
- OperatorFont: Defines de font to use for the operator (see Font property for syntax details)
- CallerIdContactPhneFontColor: Defines RGB values for the Caller id Phone text color.
- CallerIdContactPhoneFont: Defines font for the Caller id Phone text.(see Font property for syntax details)
- CallerIdContactNameFontColor: Defines RGB values for the Caller id contact name text color.
- CallerIdContactNameFont:Defines font for the Caller id contact name text.(see Font property for syntax details)
If you have changed the TopMargin or the TopBarHeight values the diagonal png's will probably show some rendering problems. If that happens it means that you've changed the space available for the locking area or the grid size. To solve that you'll have to change the png files for the diagonals (lineLR.png and lineUL.png) to match the size that your skin needs. That size can be calculated by making a screenshot and measuring the distance in pixels between two contiguous dots. If the distance is for example 71px you'll have to make the diagonal png's be 71x71.